In order to view the WiFi password on your Android smartphone, your device must be connected to the wifi network already. this method only finds the network passwords that are saved in the protected system of the android smartphone.
We know that Android won’t give permission for you to see saved Wi-Fi passwords like in the windows device. You may feel difficult to see the password if you forget it. So in this article, I will share the complete detail on “How to View Saved WIFI Password on Android Without Root”. Also, you will find the details to view the saved Wifi Password on Android With Root.
How to View Saved WIFI Password on Android without root ?
There are very few methods to view wifi passwords in android without rooting. So let's this method below.
1. How to View Saved WIFI Password on Android Without Root Using QR Code ?
In Android 10, You can share wifi easily by just tapping a button in your Wi-Fi settings to create a QR code. You can easily connect with that but you can see the password there. Hence, with little tricks, you can view the wifi password quickly.
So, Follow the below steps to view the saved wifi password on Android without root using the QR code Method.
This method is only applicable to Android 10 and above.
1. Go to Your Phone Settings >Connections>WIFi.
2. Then, CLick the Small gear icon located on the right side of your connected wifi.
3. Next, Click the QR code at the bottom right and save this as an Image. You will get the image with a QR code.
4. Then, Go to Play Store & Download a QR Scanner app for decoding the Password hidden in the QR code.
5. Next, Open the QR code scanner app and click on Scan images then select the QR image. Finally, you can see there is a password decoded successfully.
2. How to View Saved WIFI Password on Android Without Root Via WIfi Router ?
By this method, you can view the wifi password from any device including Android. So, follow the below steps to view the saved wifi password in Android without rooting using your own Router.
1. First, Open your Android phone browser.
2. Next, enter the IP address of your router. The IP address maybe 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1. for IP-link router IP address is 192.168.0.1.
You can find the IP address of your router by searching on google as per your router name and also you can find the router IP address by clicking the link below.
3. Enter username and password and login into the wifi Router.
Mostly, The Default username and password are admin and admin.
but every router doesn’t have the same username and password so check the below article to find the default router username and password.
4. Then, Go to Wireless >Wireless Security, where you can find the wifi password as shown in the figure.
This image only shows the wifi password viewing method in the TP-LINK router.
You can check the wifi password on another router like D-link, Netgear, Nokia, etc by the same method.
How to View Saved WIFI Password on Android by Rooting?
Therefore, let's discuss the method to View the wifi password in Android by rooting the mobile.
1. How to View Saved WIFI Password on Android by Rooting Via FIle Explorer
b) Open the File manager and allow the Root Explorer.
c) Go to Local and Go to the device as soon in the picture.
d) GO to the “data/misc/wifi” folder.
e) In the wifi folder, you’ll find a text file named “wpa_supplicant.conf“. Opening this file requires a text editor app. This application already contains a text editor app so no need not take worry about it. In the text file, you can find the saved network configuration as soon as in the figure.
2. How to View Saved WIFI Password on Android by Rooting Using Thirty Party Application ?
a) Download the WIFI WPS WPA TESTER from the google play store and open it.