You have lots of ways that you can protect, secure, and prevent people from blocking them to check your Facebook profile. Sometimes privacy matters the most because some people may want to track your timeline which may become harmful to you.
So in this article, I have mentioned “How to Lock Facebook Profile ” whether you are using a mobile phone or laptop, or any other PC.
Now, Facebook is providing lots of privacy options
- you can keep your location data private,
- you can Turn off facial recognition,
- you can Stop data collection by Facebook’s partners,
- you Guard your account against hackers,
- you make your profile harder to find,
- you can limit who sees your photos and posts,
- you take some control over targeted ads,
- you can Avoid ads on sensitive subjects,
- you Prevent Facebook from following you on other websites,
- you can even decide who can message you,
- and you can protect your privacy on Facebook’s other products.
Likewise, Facebook highlighted the new features that you get the facility to lock your profile. when you lock your Facebook profile, you can limit some views of the profile to people who are not on the friend list on Facebook.
They cant zoom into, share or download full-size profile pictures and cover photos of a user. Once a profile is locked a tag stating the profile is locked will appear on the profile page of the user.
Facebook lock feature is only available in certain countries for this time. Later it might be available to everyone.
The user who is in your friend list will only capable to see photos and able posts on the timeline, profile picture and cover photos, stories, and new posts.
Furthermore, The Facebook user who locked their Facebook profiles, their ‘Public’ posts will also not be visible to others who aren’t on their friend list.
How to Lock your Facebook Profile Whether you are using a PC or mobile
There are two options to lock your Facebook profile, that includes locking the Facebook profile using a mobile phone application or using a PC.
However, this feature is only limited to the Android app and there is no option you can lock your Facebook profile using the desktop version there are other methods to do that and this is explained below in “how to lock facebook profile using PC”.
How to Lock Facebook profile by mobile
You can follow the below steps to lock your Facebook profile using the Android mobile app:
1. Open Facebook App.
2. Click your profile icon and open your profile.
2. Next, click the three-dotted button that lies after the edit profile button.
3. You will find the Lock profile option here and click it.
4. Once you click the Lock profile option, you will be moved to the next page where you will find the text on how locking works and what happens when you lock the Facebook profile.
5. Once you read that you can click the Lock profile button lies at the bottom.
6. Finally, you will get a notification on you have successfully locked your Facebook profile.
How to Lock Facebook profile by PC or Laptop
although, there is no direct way to lock your Facebook profile using a PC or laptop because Facebook hasn’t released this feature in the Desktop version.
Therefore we are using an alternative method to lock Facebook profiles using a PC. Let’s go with the Steps to do that.
1. Open Facebook by entering https://www.facebook.com/. and open profile.
2. I already told you that the web version of Facebook doesn’t support this feature. therefore replace ‘www’ with ‘m’ so the desktop version of Facebook now works as the mobile version.
3. Now you can feel like using the mobile app and the rest of the step is the same lie the mobile app.
4. Next, click the three-dotted button that lies after the edit profile button.
5. You will find the Lock profile option here and click it.
6. Once you click the Lock profile option, you will be moved to the next page where you will find the text on how locking works and what happens when you lock the Facebook profile.
7. Once you read that you can click the Lock profile button lies at the bottom.
8. Finally, you will get a notification on you have successfully locked your Facebook profile.