Everybody is aware of the sharing of Wifi internet via mobile to mobile likewise in this article we will teach you how to share or connect your Windows computer’s Wi-Fi connection to your smartphone.
This method applies to all computers with a network hosting-enabled Wi-Fi adapter installed. You Cannot use your desktop computer for that purpose because they don’t have wifi adapters installed on them.
If you cannot create the hotspot on your pc, your computer’s Wi-Fi adapter doesn’t let you create a hotspot so in that case, you can use Connectify to share the internet through your computer.
In this tutorial, you will learn two methods to share the internet via a hotspot.
Method 1: Using Windows 10 Settings
1. Click the Windows button key and click setting over there.
2. Select Network and Internet.
3. Select Mobile Hotspot on the right side and down below the airplane mode.
4. After clicking the mobile hotspot you will find the share my internet connection with other devices button. turn on that button.
If you want to use the default wifi name and password just leave otherwise click edit and change the name and password.
5. Once you set the wifi SSID name and password click save. You have successfully created the hotspot from your laptop. Now you can connect other devices with it and enjoy it.
Method 2: Using Connectify
If your laptop doesn’t allow you to share the wifi using the normal windows setting you can use this application for sharing the wifi internet.If you have a wireless driver installed on your computer only you can share the wifi via this method so first of all, you need to check whether your pc has a wireless adaptor installed.
How to check Wireless adapter is installed or Not?
To check the wireless adaptor installed on your computer or laptop you can use the CMD. I have explained the method below.
1. Open CMD and run as administrator.
2. Type the command ” netsh wlan show drivers ” and hit enter.
You can see in the image the installed driver detail. if the driver wasn’t installed on the computer it would show The Wireless AutoConfig Service is not running”.
Steps to Share Wifi Via Connectify application
- Download the Connectify Application and install it. Connectify is a free app .you can use this application to share your computer’s Wi-Fi on other devices. to download this application go to https://www.connectify.me
2. When You have installed it successfully open the application. and click try out. You can also buy this application if you want.
2. After that you will go to the screen where you have to set up the normal settings.
- first, select the Internet which you want to share.
- set the Hostname or SSID of the wifi being shared.
- set the password of the wifi.
- Click Start Hotspot
Now, you can find the shared wifi connection on your other devices so connect with and enjoy it.