It is easy to change the WiFi password in Asus, Netgear, Linksys, Google, D-link, Huawei, Nokia router using your PC.
This article will teach you to change passwords in the tp-link router. Furthermore, the steps for changing the password from a laptop, pc, or mobile are almost the same. However, The IP address addressing method is applicable only to windows computers.
In the beginning, you have to be already connected to your Wi-Fi Network without being connected to Wi-Fi. Because you can’t access the IP 192.168.X.X of your router without a connection.
Lastly, To enter into the router system use the following steps to set up a WiFi router, and change the WiFi password.
Steps to find the IP address of The router
First, click on the WiFi icon.
Click on Properties.
Scroll down to the last.
At last, you will see all the Properties of your wireless router. Here you can see IPv4 DNS servers: 192.168.0.1. So that This 192.168.0.1 is the IP address of the wifi router.
Steps to change your wifi password from your PC
Here in this Section, You will find information about how you can your wifi password from the different routers using a PC.
Router 1: Steps to Change WiFi Password on TP-Link
To Change WiFi Password on TP-Link Router you have to follow the step carefully.
1. Enter IP 192.168.0.1
The default IP address for TP-Link is 192.168.0.1. Also, you can find the IP address by the method mentioned above ( This method is useful when there is a change of any IP address rather than the default IP).
2. Log in by entering the username and password.
The default login username and password for TP-Link both are admin (all lowercase).
4. Go to Wireless and Wireless Security.
Here you will find the security section where you can change your password in various formats. for instance, WPA/WPA2- Personal, WPA/WPA2- Enterprises, WEP etc. Whether WPA/WPA2- personal is the Recommended on so I’m using this security Type. However, You Can use any setting as per your security requirement.
Router 2: Steps to Change WiFi Password on D-Link
1. Enter the Default Router IP address and login into the system.
The Default Ip address is 192.168.1.1 / 192.168.0.1 or you can use the above method to find the IP address of any router.
2. Input your username and password.
At the login, enter the username as an admin and your default password nothing
3. Go to Wireless > Wireless Security > Security Mode set to WPA2 only > Pre-Shared Key:
After you reach the Pre Shared Key Option, You will find the field to Enter Password. You can Put your Required password.
4. Apply the change
When you click Apply the change, the Router will restart and the new password will be applied.
Router 3: Steps to Change WiFi Password on Netgear
- Enter the Default Router IP address and login into the system.
The Default Ip address is 192.168.1.1 / 192.168.0.1 http://routerlogin.com/. or you can use the above method to find the IP address of any router.
- Input your username and password. The default user name is admin and The default password is password.
- Go to Wireless > Security Options > Select WPA2-PSK [AES] > enter the preferred password.
- Click Apply and reboot the router to take effect on password changes.
Router 4: Steps to Change WiFi Password on Nokia Router
It’s easy to change the name and password of your Nokia WiFi network at any time. to change the wifi name and password follow the below steps.
- In Settings, go to Network and then click Change Wi-Fi.
- Enter a new name for your Wi-Fi network.
- In the password field enter a new password for your network and click save. After that, your router will restart and new changes will be effected.
Finally, You’ll then see the messages as “Configuring the changes and Saved successfully”.
Router 5: Steps to Change WiFi Password on Huwai Router
- Open your Internet browser. Enter 192.168.8.1 in your browser address bar and log in to your router’s web-based management page.
- Select Wi-Fi Settings then go to Wi-Fi Basic Settings. So that, you can check the current SSID and password. Then modify the SSID and password. After that, enter the new SSID and password, and then click Save.