How to make bootable USB or Pendrive for Windows 10, Linux, and Mac
Booting from the pen drive is the fastest way rather than inserting a CD for OS installation. There are many more bootable methods available methods on the internet some of them are easy and some others are quite difficult ways to do.
Here, I’m showing the very easiest and safe way to make a bootable USB or Pendrive for Windows 10 and Linux.
Methods to make bootable USB or Pendrive on windows 10
Method 1: Using Rufus
Rufus is a very compressive bootable tool as compared to other bootable tools like Windows USB/DVD Download Tool, RMPrepUSB, Novicorp WinToFlash, etc.
1. Before Booting you need to download two files
- Download Iso File “Windows 10”
Here, I’m going to make it bootable for windows 10 64-bit OS on the USB drive. You must have at least 4GB of USB because the file size of windows 10 is 3.15 GB.
- Download the Bootable tool “Rufus“
Download Rufus by clicking here and installing it. After installing it appears like this on the screen.
2. Insert USB in the PC/Laptop. Check if the USB is selected properly.
3. After the USB is ready, browse the .iso file from your pc.
4. finally, everything is ready click start and wait for the process is finish. It might take some minutes to make a bootable USB or Pendrive.
Method 2: Using Command Prompt (CMD)
Another method is available if you don’t want to use any software to make a bootable Pendrive. It needs to type some of the commands to the screen. Therefore, it looks a little difficult to do.
- First, Plug in the USB Pendrive on your Laptop or PC.
- Type CMD on the Search box and open it as an Administrator.
- After that, You have to open Disc management Utility so type diskpart and hit Enter.
- Then, it is necessary to display the connected USB Drive so type list disk and hit Enter.
- Next, Pendrive must be selected before booting. so to select your USB drive, type select disk ( ) and hit enter. You will find the disk number on the listing of the disk.
- Then, It is necessary to clean the disk so type clean and hit Enter.
- Then, It is necessary to create a partition during bootable partition, type creates partition primary, and hit enter.
- After that, You will have to select the partition that you just created. so that type select partition 1.
- After that, type active and hit enter.
- Then, format the USB drive by typing format fs=fat32 and hit enter.
- Next, assign your USB drive a letter for that type assign and hit enter.
- Finally, copy all the Windows 10 files and paste them inside the USB drive. If you have ISO files you need to first extract them to the folder and copy them to the USB drive.
Congratulations, You have successfully created a Windows 10 bootable Pendrive for Windows 10.
Create the bootable USB or Pendrive On Linux and Mac OS
I’m showing the very easiest and safe way to make a bootable USB or Pendrive for Linux and Mac OS.
In Linux Mint
- Right-click the ISO file, select Make Bootable USB Stick, or launch Menu ‣ Accessories ‣ USB Image Writer.
- Select your USB device and click Write.
In Windows, Mac OS, or other Linux distributions
- First, Download Etcher, install it, and open it.
- Then, Click Select image file and select your ISO file.
- Next, select the drive and select your USB stick.
- Finally, Click Flash.
- How to Delete Undeleted Files from your Computer Permanently?
- Repair Corrupted Pen Drive Or SD Card In Simple Steps?
- how to recover files from a corrupted sd card