Alternatively, you may also get some of the following messages as well while deleting the files or folder from your computer :
- Cannot delete file: Access is denied.
- The file is in use by another program or user
- There has been a sharing violation.
- The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable.
- The source or destination file may be in use.
- Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use.
Delete the undeletable & locked files using these different methods :
- First, reboot and see if you can delete it.
- Boot in Safe Mode and then try to delete it
- Run ChkDsk, and then see if you can delete it.
- Open an elevated command prompt and: