How to deactivate Facebook account
Deactivating your Facebook account helps temporarily closing the account and you can use it whenever you want to use it again. After Deactivating no one will able to see your profile but facebook messenger will still be working. You will able to chat or message your friends. Messages you send will be visible and people can search and send message to you.
Click here if you want to delete your Facebook account permanently
Steps to Deactivate Facebook account
1. Click 🔻 the icon at the top right of the Facebook webpage and select Setting.
2. Go to Your Facebook information.
3. Click Delete your account and information.
4. Click Deactivate Account.
5. Select one region for deactivating your account. Here I have selected a temporary region and will be back in 7 days.
6. Click on the checkbox if you still want to use messenger otherwise just leave it and click Deactivate.
7. Click Deactivate Now.
8. Your account has been deactivated if you want to use it again just log in using your old login id and password.