Instagram is one of the most popular social networks and growing really fast compared to the other platforms, with a staggering 1 billion monthly active users globally.
The main reason for this platform is It is a photo-sharing network that is used to share snaps of your daily life with friends and family, and likewise, see what they are up to. It’s also very good to discover pictures around topics that interest you – from specific keywords, locations, food, celebrities, etc.
Social media sites aren’t in too many people’s good books at the moment. The likes of Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram have attracted huge amounts of criticism over recent years and quitting social media is no longer perceived as being a bizarre thing to do.
Recently, Studies have suggested that the photo-sharing platform could be one of the most damaging social platforms for young people’s mental health, and may also be driving feelings of inadequacy in users.
Instagram’s infinitely scrolling photostream is well-known to be designed to keep you engaged for as long as possible and, though it recently introduced a time limit tool, it has also introduced a new feature IGTV which allows users to upload videos for up to an hour.
If you really want to leave behind your social accounts and go out from distractions, we’re here to help you go through the process of deleting your Instagram account. For those who are taking this step, you might also want to check out the guide for deleting Facebook accounts as well.
It’s not too difficult to get rid of your Instagram profile, but some things are worth noting. First, there are two options for making your Instagram account invisible: You can delete it temporarily or you can delete it permanently.
The main difference is that deleting it permanently will erase all your photos and videos whatever data you’ve on your account. temporarily means it will make your account invisible, but all your content will be there when you reactivate again.
Are you ready to know the steps? Let’s take you through the steps.
How to delete your Instagram account permanently :
- Go to Instagram’s Delete Your Account page and enter your username or email and password.
- Once you’re in the Delete Your Account page and select your reason for deleting your account from the ‘Why are you deleting your account?’ drop-down menu. like ‘Privacy concerns’ and ‘Too busy/too distracting’ etc.
- After that re-enter your password in the box below and click Permanently delete my account.
- Your account is now gone.
How to temporarily disable your Instagram account :
Temporary disabling your account is a good solution if you just want a break from the social media, but want to keep your photos and come back in the future.
- First, go login to your Instagram account using the username and password and go to your profile and click on the edit profile button.
- From there, select ‘Temporarily disable my account’ at the bottom of the screen.
- Select your reason for deactivating your account from the ‘Why are you disabling your account?’ drop-down menu. Once you’ve selected an option, you’ll be prompted to re-enter your password to confirm that you want to deactivate Instagram.
- After you’ve selected a reason and entered your password, the option to temporarily disable your account will appear. Click ‘Temporarily Disable Account’ and your profile – along with all of your content and followers will be hidden.
- You can reactivate your account anytime.