Finding the model number of the laptop in Windows 10 is a little bit easy task. You might need the laptop model number due to various purposes like upgrade or replace a component such as memory, hard drive, display, power supply, etc., so it is necessary to find the laptop model number to replace parts in the troubleshooting process. You will need the laptop model so that the problem diagnosis becomes handy.
Methods to find the model number of laptops in windows 10
Windows 10 has many techniques to get the model number as well as a serial number of your device using System Information, Command Prompt, and PowerShell. Additionally, The fastest and easiest way to identify your product model and get personalized support is to let your laptop company website detect your product or to enter your product’s, Service Tag. Every laptop manufacturer (Dell, HP, ASUS, Lenovo ) has their own system to detect the laptop model. This Auto Detection Makes it easy for finding the system drivers or any system software.
Method 1: Check the product description tag on your computer.
In most computers/laptops, you can find the product model number on a sticker that is on the outside of the case, and also the sticker is stuck on the backside of the laptop, battery compartment, screen, keyboard trim.
Method 2:Using the System Information Panel
With this method, you can find the model number of your laptop on the System Information. It shows a list of all properties of your computer, including OS name, OS version, System Name, System Manufacturer, Processor, and so on. This is one of the best methods to find the model number.
Steps to Find the Model Number.
- Click the search and type System Information.
- Click Enter, you will find the model version of your laptop there.
Method 3:Using the Command Prompt
In this method, we are going to use the Command prompt to find the model number of the laptop. Essentially, CMD is a command-line interface that enables you to perform handwritten commands in the syntax supported by Windows. To get the model number of your computer with the help of the Command Prompt option, follow the given below steps:
- Open the search box and type CMD and run as an administrator.
- After the Command Prompt window opens, type in the following command: “wmic csproduct get name” and click enter. you will get the model number after that as shown in the figure.
Method 4:Using Windows Power Shell
PowerShell is a cross-platform task automation and configuration management framework, consisting of a command-line shell and scripting language. This fundamental change brings entirely new tools and methods for automation. To get the model number of your computer with the help of the Windows Power Shell, follow the given below steps:
- Open up the Start Menu and search Windows Power Shell
- Enter the following command in the interface and hit the Enter key: “Get-CimInstance -ClassName Win32_ComputerSystem”
You can find the Model Number Over there.
Method 5: Open the SupportAssist application for Windows
Find the model number of Dell laptop in windows 10 using Dell SupportAssist
SupportAssist is a Dell application that is preinstalled when you buy a new computer or laptop. It is helpful for finding and prevent issues using updates provided by Dell. When you start the dell SupportAssit you will find the model no of your laptop is in front of you.
- First, type SupportAssist in the Search Box.
- Select SupportAssist in the search results to open the application. If SupportAssist is not listed in the search results, it means that the application is not installed on your computer. For more information about downloading and installing SupportAssist, see the SupportAssist for PCs and tablets page.
- Your product model is displayed on the main screen of the application.
Find the model number of HP laptop in windows 10 using HP Support Assistant
You can install HP Support Assistant on PCs or laptops from other manufacturers for easy access to support resources and tools for HP printers and PCs.
- First, open Hp Support Assistant.
- You will need to log in or you can use it as a guest. If you don’t want to log in click Guest.
- After Few Seconds you will find Your product model is displayed on the main screen of the application.
Find the model number of the Lenovo laptop in windows 10 using Auto Detect Your Product
When You click auto-detect your product it Automatically scans your product to find its name and serial number, as well as provides diagnostic information and personalized driver & software updates. It will take some time to see if Lenovo Service Bridge is installed on your device or not.
Also Read :
- How to backup WhatsApp messages in 2020
- How to recover files from a corrupted SD card
- How to fix a memory card? Repair Corrupted Pen Drive Or SD Card