How to Check the RAM on Android
In this article, we will show you how you can RAM usage and capacity in android devices. Now in the latest android devices, we are unable to c check RAM in the “Memory” section of the Settings app, you have to activate the Developer Options menu to see your Android’s RAM statistics. You can also use a free app called “Simple System Monitor” to view RAM use on any Android, as the name suggests, is a clean and simple system monitoring app for your android device. It graphically shows the usages of various system components.
Methods of checking RAM on Android Phone
Method 1: By using the developer option
To find the RAM uses by this option you need to open a developer mode. Follow the below step to activate the developer option on the android device.
Steps to Activate Developer Mode
1. Go to setting and scroll down until you get the About phone option and click it.
2. Find the build number there and tab this option for seven times to become a developer. This will result in a message that says “You are now a developer”
After activating the developer mode now we are able to view the RAM usages.
1. Go to setting
2. Open developer option
3. In the developer mode, you can find the Running process there. open it, you will find the usage and Free Availability of RAM.
Method 2: By using a Third-party app
Here we will be discussing the two Best RAM views application which can be found in the google play store.
a) Using a Simple system monitor
Simple System Monitor is a simple system monitoring app for your android device. It graphically shows the usages of various system components.
- CPU usage and frequencies for each core
- Total CPU usage and average frequency
- CPU frequency graph for each core
- Time spent on each CPU frequency state
- GPU usage and frequency
- RAM usage and ability to clear RAM
b) Memory Info (RAM, ROM Internal & SD Card External)
This is the most beautiful and powerful Memory Info monitor application for android devices. With this app, you can check RAM, ROM Internal & SD Card External data.
This application shows the following information.
- The total memory size of RAM available for the device, Free available RAM and Used RAM in the device,
- The total memory size of internal storage (ROM) available, total free available ROM and Used internal memory in the device.
- The total memory size of External storage available, total free available external storage, and Used external memory in the device.