GoPro Hero 8 Black – Everything you need to know
After the last year release GoPro ready to lunch their new Gen GoPro camera which is going to release on the early Sep 2019. GoPro had a relatively easy ride in the premium action camera race until the DJI Osmo Action came into the market which is neck to neck in comparison to the last Hero 7 camera to give it some serious competition – so how will the upcoming GoPro Hero 8 Black respond? We are really excited about it the more competition we have the better product we get.
GoPro Hero 7 was the big successor last year on the action camera market, given it’s moving towards a more regular refresh cycle and it’s been trumped in some areas by the cheaper DJI Osmo Action. So what are we likely to see in the Hero 8 Black? There are a lot of questions in our mind already.
GoPro must be feeling some more pressure in their market because of the new DJI Osmo Action. And also now that Sony jumped back in with the RXO II, that has external mic port AND flip up to the screen which comes very handy in a different situation. And don’t forget to miss the different features and especially very good image quality. I wonder if GoPro HERO8 will have a flip-up screen and external mic port as well?
GoPro Hero 8 Black Expected Features
- Enhanced design with possible screw-in filters and enhancements
- 15 – 20 meter underwater capability
- Might have Dual LCD display just like on the DJI Osmo Pocket
- No 8K Video, 4K Video at 120fps, Full HD video at 480 fps
- 2+hr continuous battery life
- Enhanced image quality with video capture at over 100mb/s
- HDR Video with HyperSmooth